Here are 8 tips to improve your interpersonal communication skills and how you can apply them with Rocky the AI bot:
- Practice active listening. Rocky will ask you to recall the conversations you had so that you can reflect on the behavior that you showed to your communication partner.
- Maintain your relationships. Be reminded by the app to prepare for meetings with colleges or friends and define who currently needs you attention.
- Cultivate a positive outlook. The app helps you to be positive by reminding you every day of the good things about your life and your job. If you’re upset about a personal matter, set those feelings aside until after work. If you’re stressed about a work issue, look for the positive in the situation and try to articulate that.
- Control your emotions. Being emotional rarely is helpful. Whether you’re extremely irritated, severely depressed or ecstatically happy, take a deep breath and tone your emotions down. The reflection app will help you to mentally prepare for these situations.
- Acknowledge others. One of the best ways to build trust at work is to let your co-workers and other people know you appreciate their expertise. Ask for their help on projects and give credit where credit is due.
- Show a real interest in people. Define who you will dedicate time for in your coaching chats and then make a point of getting to know what’s important to your co-workers, family or friends. It will help solidify your relationships with them.
- Be assertive. It’s important to be assertive. Be confident in your ability and opinions, and don’t be afraid to express your needs, as well as your limits. Practice assertiveness daily with Rocky.
- Practice empathy. Gain a well-rounded view of things by putting yourself in other people’s shoes. This will help you develop empathy for others, which in turn goes a long way in finding solutions that work for all involved.